Wednesday 13 August 2014

Last lot of pics before crafting continues.....

 Yet another fine day in Finland....
 Wetting the whistle in my old regular bar, Whisky Bar
 The view from my bus, 11 pm, over the river Aura
Kakskerta lake, lovely little beach, clear water and calm area...
 More beach.....
Parainen, nice little archipelago town/city.
 Hotel beach in Parainen
Parainen centre has a canal going through, very "quaint"
 Museum cafe in Parainen, lovely cakes and good coffee...
 Pretty yard too...
 Turku, and Fori, the little ferry that takes folk from one side to the other, all day...
 Fori used to be part of my work commute....
Gangut was starting, so we went to check all the ships....
Or the sailors, which ever..... :)
 Wrecking ball? Harbour area with all the cranes...
Russian ship "MIR" with all the handsome young men in uniforms......
 Yo dawg, I put a crane behind the crane so you can crane.......
Another little boat taking folk between the river banks, great view towards the ships too
Forum Marinum area, marine museum and art installations....
 Slightly smaller boatskis...
 Mast ahoy, don't fall on yer heeds
 Turku art installations, quite like them...
 MUTANT LADYBIRD EHRMAGERD
 Piispanristi pond with the lovely waterlilies
Mirror image before photoshop was born.... :)
 Good start to the evening, bottle of bubbly and frozen strawberries
 Later on, looks so nice, no wonder all the boats have restaurants or bars, great views...
 It was warm.....
Holiday byrd....
Car in sunshine showing 41 degs, the seats were hot and steering wheel boiling hot....
 Path to the local shop near my mums
Last day and first part of the trip
 Kids playcorner on the train
Krtek/ The mole!
 Leaving Finland
 Back home to this at least....
And this...........

Lovely holiday. I missed the dog greatly, but otherwise it was fantastic. The only thing that got me rather miffed is that plonking SAS had gone and stopped the connection between Turku and Copenhagen. Bunch of twats. Last thing I want to do is drag fucking 40 kilos of luggage and a child to another fucking city, and another airport. When I searched for other connections from Turku to Aberdeen, SAS was offering flights to Stockholm, Bergen and then Aberdeen. No thanks.... A trip that is apprx 4 and a half hours would take me over 15 hours with possible over night stays..... How frigging convenient.... I did like the train though, great air con, free wi-fi and kiddie play-area to keep the little oiks entertained for a while, good way to travel if I have to.... Service to the airport was a bit crap, busdriver was like a bear shot in the arse, and brim full of folk, which half didn't go to the airport anyway......But we got there, and I had a natter with a very very handsome man from Zurich. If I didn't have the child in tow....... :)
That's about it, back to the norm and crappy weather, at least I can crack on with my crafting, have missed my crafty shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment